Friday, November 13, 2009

Three Days Till...

Hello everyone. This is Mike's (Loose Screws as you all know him) son Michael. This is my first ever attempt at a blog so give me a chance...haha.
As you know, my dad is about to have his surgery in three days. He has asked me to carry on his blog for him while he is down. So, I will be inputting my ideas, feelings, and views before, during and after the surgery.
To be completely honest, I am scared. When I first heard the news about this whole thing, I was completely blown away. I mean it's not like he has a baseball size tumor in his head, but that's where it took me. As I did more research about AN, I felt a little more at ease. The whole procedure (don't get me wrong) is a pretty crazy process. I am glad that I get to be there for my dad because he has always been there for me. When I was growing up, I knew right from wrong and did wrong anyway, and he was there. My step brother, step mother, my grandmother and I will be staying at the hospital with my dad until he is ready to go home.
So a little about myself. I am 25 yrs old with two beautiful daughters (as I'm sure you've seen the pics) living in peaceful little Lomita, CA. I probably could throw a rock and hit my dad's house. I wouldn't do that of course...haha. I work at a publishing company in Commerce and faithfully go to work every day. Okay, enough of me...
I am glad that my dad has an outlet to talk and meet people who all have had, or who are newly diagnosed with AN. I thank everyone for being there because I'm sure it makes everyone happy to know that they are not alone. So, I wondered what the leopard print scarf was in his pocket. He took me to the computer and showed me the pictures of everyone with it. I thought his screws got real loose! But after he enlightened me on the whole Magic Scarf concept, it made me feel better now knowing that my dad has faith that everything is going to be okay.
So on that note, I am closing out, taking a shower and going to bed. You will be hearing from me soon... Good Night Everyone-

1 comment:

  1. Hope all is well......
    Im there in spirit....and mind...
    My love to you Mike ...
    your little brother...
    skip

    ReplyDelete